- 1/4 cup unsalted margarine melted
- 1 1/2 cup bread cubes day-old
- 4-5 cup tart apple slices
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- Mix melted margarine with bread cubes.
- Combine the apples with sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Place 1/3 of the bread cubes in the bottom of a greased 2-quart casserole pan.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with half of the apples.
- Repeat, then top that layer with the last third of bread cubes.
- Combine lemon juice and water. Then, pour this mixture over everything in your pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, uncover and continue to bake for 30 minutes more.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 383IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg